Wednesday, November 02, 2011

statistics

I am too tired on day 2 of NaBloPoMo (from things that happened today, not from the blogging itself; I have plenty of ideas now) to post anything except this amazing fact: November 2, 2011 was the first time I looked at ANY statistical information for this blog--pageviews, links, etc. THE FIRST TIME. And I've been on Blogger since early 2005. (With some very long breaks, but still.) I've checked my Flickr statistics probably at least 5 days a week since I first could access them, but my attempts to figure out where stats were here never worked.

And then, after I posted last night, I sampled the new Blogger look--an introduction since I'd last signed in in spring--and BOOM, there it was, whether I wanted to see it or not. Already I want to find how to hide it. I'm more interested in search terms, which are consistently entertaining in my Flickr stats (today's successful searches included "i love boilers" and "want my house to be filled with books"), than I am in numbers. And, well, my numbers seem very low compared to Flickr views. But it's good to know the information's there. (Also: this post is my first written using the new design in the "new post" section, but I'm too tired to do more than a basic text post.)

No comments: