Friday, November 25, 2011

Black Friday 2010 and 2011

The following was taken Black Friday 2010, when I set out with a new camera (a late birthday gift, and a good camera that ran into problems within a few months). I think I Flickr posted a few of my shots taken in Chicago's Loop, and around the L and Metra, and of my first visit to Orland Square mall in Orland Park (after stopping in their Borders store a few blocks away for my first--and last--Cocoa Trio drink there), but I'd held on to the ones I considered/entered into the Picture Black Friday contest. (The site information was unclear, I've hardly ever emailed my photos before, and to this day, I have no idea if anyone at the contest saw the photos. Obviously I didn't place in the contest, but I loved the excuse to take the photos.)

Here's arrows taped all over the Toys R Us store across from the mall to facilitate orderly lines, which were happily quite minimum by the time I got there.

Black Friday, Toys R Us, Orland Park, IL

I need to do a photoessay of just the mall, and of where I spent Black Friday 2011. I didn't get out of the house until after the doorbuster sales had ended and I didn't go near any big box stores, but I did see the bustling and charmingly decorated downtown of Belleville, IL, and for the first time (looks like I'm making a new-to-me mall a BF tradition), the Saint Louis Galleria. When I get back to Chicago I'll see how they turned out.

(This post also marks me finally discovering a much faster way to post my photos and a way I can do them on someone else's computer. I'm embarrassed I hadn't thought of it before...)

2 comments:

Unknown said...


I'm pretty sure that there is a lot of people waiting for black friday 2013, and I am one of them. In this year I am plaining to own a Canon T3i. However I don't like shopping at local shop since It's very crow at this day. So I will find some Black Friday Canon T3i Deals or Coupons

Rosalindahallam said...

In this year I want to buy a vacuum cleaner. Unfortunatly, There aren't any deals for my product at local market. I think I have to find a deal for vacuum cleaner at onlion shop like Amazon.