Saturday, June 06, 2009

Uh, hi there!

Is it spring yet? Oh, it's summer? (though not "officially"). For the longest time I've meant just to post something, anything here. Too many exciting things have been going on in "real" life and I've neglected this place again, and even Flickr has become a chore as I drown in 1000s of photos from short and long-distance travels. Here's something from my secondary Flickr account (which sort of languishes in obscurity, still, unless the photos have certain words in their captions or tags, then I get weird attention, and...never mind). Rescued from Washburne Trade School, which at last, sadly, is getting torn down. I should do a photo-essay (or 10) about that...

See you soon! With news about what I've added to the blogroll, and many photos of trains, and more about the Metra station project, and Rust Belt adventures, and probably refreshingly little about my personal life. And no, exciting things in real life doesn't mean having a job, not that I've been trying much. Should you have any hint how I can turn any of this into anything that pays in any way, uh, I could use some help...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Katherine,

Hello! I would have liked to address this to you as an email, but I could not find an email address for you, so I am using your comment feed.

I'm Sophie Walker, and I have a brief editorial question about your CityOfDestiny blog.

On this page, http://cityofdestiny.blogspot.com/ I see that you list some great online resources under quite a few Chicago-related headings, and also under “Chicago Art and Artists” and “Chicago News and Media”. We’d be honored if you would consider Vocalo.org for inclusion in either your list of “News Sources” or “Blogs”. Our site is an excellent resource for anyone who wants a creative way to express themselves through radio. We work with budding radio geeks-- comedians, story tellers, artists, critics and commentators-- to build the perfect creative product from a variety of media, including video, telephone calls, audio productions, music, and interviews.

These gems in the rough are eventually put together into radio shows that broadcast to the public on 89.5 FM in Chicago and Northwest Indiana. Please take a look at our site! Vocalo.org brings the voice of the public to the public, in hopes that these conversations will make us all better citizens.

One writer for Chicago's Daily Herald has stated that contributers to Vocalo "could be the leaders of local radio's evolution and perhaps a facelift for the next generation of public radio listeners".

Would you be willing to take a look at http://www.vocalo.org and include a link to it on your article as you feel is merited?

If you have questions, I'd be happy to reply to an email. Thank you for your time and consideration. Please send me a reply. I look forward to hearing back from you!

Sophie

sophie@searchreturn.com