Thursday, January 14, 2016

Kedzie and Elston


A photo from two years ago still at the beginning of a camera card I haven't totally cleared off (it has 2014, 2015, 2016 photos on it now). The building on the right is completely gone and the one on the left drastically changed into a mattress store, but these vacant buildings were a sight I enjoyed passing.

This is Addison (E-W street) / Kedzie (N-S) / Elston (diagonal), the border of Avondale and Irving Park neighborhoods/community areas. Within a block or so of this corner: a 24-hour Jewel supermarket (a great thing to have in walking distance, I like Tony's better and it's closer to me but not open very late), a fancy coffee place/bakery (Sugar Hills, other locations are in suburbs), a burrito place and a Chinese buffet I've still never been to, a White Castle that was my first White Castle I ever went in before I moved to the neighborhood, then didn't get back to until it'd been completely torn down and rebuilt (and is quite nice and still 24 hours), a Chipotle, a diner that's pretty cheap and good and I'd visit more if it didn't close at 2 pm (and is completely closed Tuesday, which often seems to be the day I get the urge to go) (I didn't make it in in 2015 at all), a 24-hour Dunkin' Donuts that's my favorite of the 3 closest to me (not just because it's open late)...and this is four blocks south of another corner of 24-hour businesses (Walgreens, another cheap diner). And two blocks north of Revolution Brewing's excellent brewery and tap room.

Anyway. I like having a walkable neighborhood (aside from a few horrifying intersections) and walking or biking a lot is how I happened to get this photo. Not a spectacular sight but something you may miss a little when it's gone.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

HI there! I couldn't see where to contact you privately, so I figured this was the next best thing. I wanted to let you know about a cool restoration project happening at the Bohemian National Cemetery's crematorium in Albany Park.

The Floating Opera Company will present three performances of Mozart's Don Giovanni at our very own national and Chicago landmark, the Bohemian National Cemetery! We'll have a full production with an reduce orchestra February 4, 5, 6, and all shows start at 7:30pm. Proceeds from one of the performances will be donated to the Cemetery to help aid in restoration. Please come enjoy a wonderful show, and help us restore this national treasure!

Tickets can be bought here: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/2485385

Hope to see you there!
Bren

De Wiam said...

address any queries or conditions that the customer might have regarding the true house houses that he or she is thinking about offering or buying. There’s nothing worse than a real estate agent that is really inaccessible
asikqq
dewaqq
sumoqq
interqq
pionpoker
bandar ceme
hobiqq
paito warna terlengkap
http://199.30.55.59/asikqq78/
data hk 2019