Saturday, October 04, 2008

it's that time of year


indeed, we are.
Originally uploaded by katherine of chicago

Oh, no reason I'm posting this photo during baseball playoff season. No reason at all.

Well, yes, I'm worried that hopes are dim for a sequel to When Chicago Ruled Baseball, which I'd just checked out of my local library but won't start till I finish the baseball book I'm reading now.

Enigmatic sign seen on this week's trip to Milwaukee, on the marvelously-rich-in-photo-opportunities area of Vliet St. between 12th and 14th, a little west of the former Pabst brewery. I could do a whole post or Flickr set on the furniture stores there. I photographed a furniture store sign with a friend on an earlier trip, but he didn't want to walk and take photos in this area (or at least not with one of his expensive cameras), so I went on my own. I've made this image my "buddy icon" on Flickr, at least for baseball season, perhaps for election season as well.

No comments: