Thursday, August 28, 2008

Detroit afternoon, part one


It's not like I went out thinking, "It's a gorgeous summer day! I should spend it wandering through an abandoned public housing complex...in Detroit...by myself." I tell you, THESE THINGS JUST HAPPEN! How these things happen, part two. Later today. No, really.




















Thanks to the trip to Iowa I had soon after this trip, I now have a lovely little backup drive (finally!), and thanks to Eric of reallyboring the drive's hooked up and my older photo library is on it, so I finally had space to upload the past few weeks of photos (Milwaukee, Detroit, Iowa, Chicago, suburbs), and thanks to there being space (my photos had taken up 60 of my mini Mac's 80GB), when I rotate a photo the computer actually saves the change, and I can now once again post vertical photos here. (Depending on the camera, they might come up automatically as vertical in the library anyway, but I wasn't able to rotate and save the ones that didn't.) Problem solved!

2 comments:

Eric Allix Rogers said...

Wow, the buildings look surprisingly neat without any windows in them. Glad you're able to post things again!

steve said...

damn, you went there? that shit SHADY, even for Detroit...